I feel like half of me is so self-involved and the other half is always running around doing things for people, and really I’d just like to lie in my bed, go for a swim, climb a mountain, drink a beer and read a book for a few days.
Four weeks, just four more weeks.
across the universe
Might plan a day trip away for bushwalking this/next week.
Where should I go?
self-care suggestions beyond “have a bath”
- collect flowers for pressing
- plan a trip in great detail
- memorise a poem
- find and record sounds you love
- customise a piece of clothing
- read a book you loved from childhood
- have someone do your hair/paint your nails
- climb a tree (and spend some time there)
- find a free local event to go to
- visit an animal shelter
- try to recreate a great meal you once had
- record a fond memory
- do something you think you can’t do
Reblogging for future refref.
"I’d like to raise both of my middle fingers to him and anyone who thinks profanity is somehow more harmful to our children than images of violence and misogyny."
No one slows down anymore.
Tonight I did a speech for the first time ever and mentioned how the word cunt featured on a tert cover for the first time ever too. I don’t know if the oldies warmed to it, but it was a good night regardless.
Speaking on a panel for the first time ever too at 10 tomorrow. Should be fun, I guess!
My term editing Tertangala is coming to an end, and these are some of my favourite memories from during that time.